2010 Micro Soccer Information
July 12, 2010 7:49 pm
Hello Mukilteo Youth Soccer Club parents and coaches!
We hope you all are having an awesome summer and ready for a great fall soccer season. Each year the Micro Soccer Program is proud to provide a wonderful beginning for about 100 young Mukilteo Area Soccer Players.
This year, like many in the past, we are looking to continue to improve the program. For this to happen we will again be relying on parents to volunteer as coaches and to help in filling other support positions. The program is only going to be as strong as the commitment and involvement we get from all of you. We recognize that many parents are extremely busy with other commitments and many others have no experience with soccer at all. The program is committed to supporting you in the process and we have provided some information to help you make a decision to take your involvement to the next level. If you are interested in volunteering, please see the meeting time and location information below.
- The game season begins in early September and will run for 8 weeks. Practice information is listed below.
- Games will take place on Saturday mornings.
- Teams will consist of 6 to seven players depending on the number of volunteers we get.
- There will be a Club sponsored training for coaches and players one evening per week for 4 weeks. All players will participate together and coaches will provide support for clinic designed training exercises. A Club representative will be available to help design practices or guide you through your first coaching experience. Time and field location to be determined.
- Coaches will also have the “option” to add another practice during the week, with various times and locations available, starting the week of August 24th.
- The Club will provide equipment and uniforms for the teams.
Many kids have the pleasure of learning life’s lessons while playing sports. The one constant that they all share is dedication and involvement of a volunteer coach. The experience can be just as rewarding for the coach, team parent, or manager and your time and support would be truly appreciated!
An introductory meeting for all Micro Coaches & those interested in volunteering will be held.